Blogging is something that I have been meaning to carry on a continuous basis since I signed up for it last year, but somehow I have been failing at my resolution, just like I have been failing to write this blog post every night. Every night I would plan to stay up and write a reply to this beautiful surprise by the most generous of bloggers, and whom I am thankful to have in my list of acquaintances Rimsha Rasul, her blog goes by the name of @auburnrhyme and you need to follow her for a regular follow up on the blog, unlike me.
The reason I couldn’t write this post even after thinking about writing it was my inability to answer questions, I am in that phase of my life where I can catch up hour long conversations but questions, they don’t treat me well these days. anyhow, I have mustered my courage to finally try this and I am finally looking forward from you guys.
But before I carry onto answering questions, lemme introduce you guys to what this term ‘Liebster Award’ is about, in case you are as naive as me to all the updates in the world of blogging. It is basically about connecting different bloggers through a procedure where you answer the questions put forward for you and others nominated along with you by your host, after which you formulate eleven new questions and forward them by nominating other , new people.
Let’s get the questions started:
1. If you could describe your blog in one word/phrase, what would it be?
Now, I am not good with preciseness, but I’ll try. I think that word would be ‘variance’ in the most positive connotation of the word.
2. What is the most important thing you have learned through your blogging journey so far?
Well frankly, I don’t think I have learned much yet, but I would like to learn consistency in writing, though it has helped me reach out to more people, now I know I have a platform where I can put my thoughts out and there are people who can relate to them, in which way I can relate to number of people.
3. What would be one social media feature that you would use in real life if you could?
I am not against social media, just that it’s used should be mentored like all other aspects of life, but I think reaching out to people and making connections is a lot easier here on social media, and it reduces the awkwardness of real life connections if that really is a social media feature.
4. A fact and a lie about you, let your readers guess which one is true.
. I am a terrific writer.
. I am an avid reader.
5. What was your favorite childhood story/book?
I started reading pretty late in my childhood, but I was first introduced to two stories when I started reading which remained recorded in my memory and they were, of course, Urdu. They were titled as ‘ Ali Baba and Chalees Chor’ and ‘Anokhi SHehzadi’.
Fun fact: I often imagined myself in both scenarios from these stories and made up my own stories 😀
6. Describe the most daring thing you have ever done…
The answer might sound little philosophical but I survived and kept my sanity intact through worst days of my life. That’s the only daring thing I could think of right now. And oh yes, I once took 360 spin ride, that too. Decide for yourself which one was most daring, I am sure you guys are better judges than myself.
7. If you could only wear one type of shoes for the rest of your life, what would they be?
This is one tough question, I think khussas/ pumps would do, thoughGod forbid I am ever in that situation.
8. What motivates you to write/blog?
mainly because I am passionate about writing, but then I like to reach out share my thoughts, feelings, experiences with a number of people out there. It’s always good to have people you can communicate with.
9. What is your dream destination?
If we talk about this world, it wouldn’t be one. I would always like to keep traveling if given the chances. That’s my dream to go out and see new places, meet new people, try new adventures, read books, and write.
10. Assuming it would be safe to use – what would you change the ocean water to, and why?
I wouldn’t do anything to change any aspect of nature, that’s what I love about nature, its perfection in its rawness.
11. Are you a morning or an afternoon/evening person?
I think I am all these and yet none of these. I fall in love with the day, through its different phases but if I had to choose I would love to be a morning person, I have been trying my whole life to my routine for that. (Oh the irony)
I hope you are not disappointed after knowing a little about me and I hope I made sense in all these questions. Further, I will nominate these amazing bloggers:
And auburnrhyme because I would like to see your answers.And my questions for you are:
And my questions for you people are:
- What is that one thing that you admire most about yourself?
- Do you ever dream of writing a book and getting famous afterward?
- Do you believe in falling in love?
- What is that one thing that makes you feel blessed, every day?
- Does writing save you through all kinds of days?
- What do you think often when you look up to the sky?
- Do you read one book at a time or multiple books, switching between them?
- Do you like writing on paper or you think typing is better? Why?
- Which is that one thing that you want to change in your surroundings or people if given a chance?
- How do you think we can contribute to making this life better?
- What is your philosophy of life?
I’ll be anxiously looking forward to posts from all you wonderful people, happy writing 🙂